Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 4 - Quirky Miso!

Miso has already revealed some adorable quirks.

#1 - She likes the hammock! Can you imagine? I went outside to lay in my hammock for a moment and relax. Lo and behold, here comes Miso ready to jump, and jump she did! I was sure she would flip out from the unsteady landing and jump back off, but nope...she was so happy to join me she threw her whole wiggly body on top of mine. We sat there rocking back and forth like maniacs. She even tried to jump onto it after I had stood up! Of course, because it's so unstable, she ended up flipping completely over and landing on the ground - ouch! I tried reeeeally hard not laugh. After all, she meant to do that.

Now that I know she enjoys the hammock, we'll have to figure out a Sit-Look before she can just jump on top of me when she pleases. Nothing like a happy paw in the gut! :)

#2 - She's impatient when she's thirsty! Chubby likes to take his good ol' time at the water bowl. With his short little tongue I don't think he's able to get much liquid in a single lap, so it takes him a bit longer to satisfy his thirst than, say, Harley, who has a frog tongue.

Well, this afternoon, Miso was standing next to him waiting patiently for her turn, but after about 10 seconds she got fed up and pulled the bowl away from Chubby with her paw so she could have a drink! I've never seen a dog use her paws like hands that way before! Talk about entertaining. And when Chubby tried to wedge his head back into the bowl, she "grabbed" it again and pulled it away from him so she could finish her drink!

No comments: