Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 6 - Meeting the Extended Family


At this point, I am completely thrilled and impressed at how seamlessly Miso has fit into my home. I have to give Harley and Chubby credit too - they are easygoing, accepting creatures that act as if Miso has been their sister all along.

I have yet to do a single tie-down. Perhaps this is breaking the rules, but there just hasn't been need for it. I went from crating on Day 1, to nothing at all (of course they are ALL crated at feeding time, and separated when I'm gone). Miso is excellent with voice commands, so if things start getting too excited for my liking, I simply issue some verbal warnings and physically "break things up" to make sure everyone has some space to calm down (usually just involves stepping into the play circle they have going and spreading everyone out).

Of course, once we start allowing Capone, my boyfriend's male Pit, and Miso in the same room together, tie downs for both will be in order. But as for my little pack of three, you'd never know things had ever been different. Amazing! Chubby, always one to play bow, has taken to engaging Miso in play sessions during his evening "crazies" - she loves it! They run around from room to room, slipping and sliding, with Miso even doing leap frogs over Chubby.

Miso got to meet the rest of her new family today too. My mom and dad (aka Grandma and Grandpa) think she is cute as pie! Miso has a new fan with my teenaged brother too. He absolutely adores her! They are all impressed with her sweet and affectionate nature.

No comments: